We provide investigators with specialized tools, expertise, and animal models to study kidney development, physiology, and pathophysiology. Our cores are as follows:
Core A Animal Models
- Generates kidney specific mouse lines
- Distributes existing lines
- Assists investigators to generate CRISPR deletions, reporter and Cre lines.
- Training in ischemia-reperfusion injury and 5/6th nephrectomy
Core B Physiology
- Measurements of serum and urine chemistries
- Clearance studies
- Blood pressure measurements
- Klotho assays
- Tubule microdissection
Core C Cell Biology, Pathology & Imaging
- Provides various equipment and training for state-of the-art imaging (e.g. Confocal, MRI).
- Provides histology services
- Provides assistance with pathology interpretation
Core D Clinical Translational
- Provides consultations
- Critical infrastructure
- Research personnel (biostatisticians, research nurses, study drug dispensation personnel, coordinators) to facilitate clinical and translational kidney and cardiovascular research.