The Advanced Imaging and Informatics for Radiation Therapy (AIRT) Lab focuses on the development of advanced and quantitative imaging technologies and machine learning algorithms for the guidance of therapy procedures, particularly for radiation therapy. Our research involves multidisciplinary fields including engineering, mathematics, and computer and physical sciences.
We aim to translate those technologies into clinical practice to improve outcomes for patients undergoing radiotherapy.
- Dr. Zhang received an NIH R01 grant on 4d liver imaging and tumor localization (June 2020)
- Drs. Wang and Hannan received an NIH R01 grant on real-time prostate lesion tracking (May 2019)
- Liyuan and Zhiguo's work on lymph node malignancy prediction for H&N cancer is reported by Physics World (April 2019)
- Congratulations to Alfonso for his presentation winning the third place of young investigator symposium at SWAAPM. (March 2017)
- Congratulations to Dr. Zhang for his work on Biomechanical Modeling-Assisted CBCT Reconstruction (Bio-Recon) being selected as a finalist for the John R. Cameron Young Investigator Symposium for the 58th AAPM Annual Meeting. (April 2016)
- Dr. Wang received an NIH R01 grant on advanced 4d lung CBCT imaging (Jan 2015)