How far in advance do phlebotomy services outside NA2.118 need to be placed?
- In order to avoid scheduling conflicts we ask that you contact the HGCL as soon as you know about a blood draw to ensure we are available. We ask that all orders be placed within 48 hours of a blood draw.
Who do I need to contact to check scheduling a phlebotomy service?
- Please contact Yamei Cheng at 214-648-1311
Does the HGCL provide phlebotomy services in the lab or only at outside locations?
- Services can be provided on-site, McDermott Center NA2.118, along with on-campus and off-campus.
What if I need to cancel/change a phlebotomy appointment?
- Please contact Yamei Cheng at 214-648-1311 as soon possible to ensure we can accommodate the request.
What are the time phlebotomy services are provided?
- Phlebotomy services are provided Monday–Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Does the PI have to provide their own tubes when needing a blood draw?
- The Core provides all blood drawing equipment and tubes needed, unless PI’s would like to use their own/different tubes than provided.
What tubes can the HGCL provide when drawing blood?
- 4ml purple EDTA tops
- 10ml purple EDTA tops
- 8.5ml yellow ACD tops
- 5ml gold SST tops
Will we be billed if the participant cancels or the phlebotomist is unable to obtain blood flow?
- There will be no charge if an appointment has to be canceled/reschedule. Unless the phlebotomist is able to obtain blood flow, there will be no charge.