- Congratulations to Dr. Sethi and coauthors for publishing their paper!
Sethi A, Wands AM, Mettlen M, Krishnamurthy S, Wu H, Kohler JJ. 2019. Cell type and receptor identity regulate cholera toxin subunit B (CTB) internalization. Interface Focus 9: 20180076. http://dx.doi.org/10.1098/rsfs.2018.0076
- Kohler lab (Jen, Daniela, Atossa and Han) attend the annual Society for Glycobiology meeting in New Orleans. Jen and Han present exciting new work from our lab!
- Kohler lab welcomes new postdoctoral researcher, Dr. Nageswari Yarravarapu.
- Kohler lab welcomes summer STARS student, Eddy Pineda.
- Kohler lab welcomes new graduate student, Atossa Ghorashi.
- Kohler lab welcomes new postdoctoral researcher, Dr. Daniela Carroll.
- Kohler lab welcomes summer STARS student, Joanna Quan.
- Kohler lab welcomes new graduate student, Han Wu!
- Jen and Nicole presenting at Sialoglyco 2016 conference at Santa Barbara, CA.
- Amberlyn, Soumya and Anirudh presenting posters at the annual Society For Glycobiology conference in New Orleans, LA
- Soumya presenting her talk titled "Discovery of a novel inhibitor of mucin biosynthesis: Implications for asthma therapy" at the first Biological Chemistry and Organic Chemistry Graduate Programs Joint Research Symposium at Plano, TX
- Amberlyn and Anirudh presenting posters titled "Structure-Activity Relationship (SAR) study on the role of L-fucose in cholera toxin binding to intestinal epithelial cells" and "Fucosylation contributes to cholera toxin intoxication, even in the presence of GM1" respectively, at the first Biological Chemistry and Organic Chemistry Graduate Programs Joint Research Symposium at Plano, TX
- Congratulations to Dr. Nicole Nischan on winning first prize in the Science After Dark Competition held by the UTSW Postdoctoral Association.
- Kohler lab welcomes first year lab rotation students: Han Wu and Nick Lesner
- Kohler lab welcomes summer STARS student, Julia Stone.
- Kohler lab welcomes summer SURF Indo-US Science and Technology Forum student, Sayantan Chatterjee.
- Congratulations to Dr. Nicole Nischan, who has been awarded the Klaus-Grohe-prize for medicinal chemistry by the Klaus-Grohe-foundation. She will present her findings at the symposium Frontiers in Medicinal Chemistry 2016 in Bonn, Germany.
- Congratulations to Dr. Nicole Nischan, who has been awarded a fellowship by the DAAD, the German academic exchange service.
- Kohler lab well represented at the Annual Society for Glycobiology meeting at San Francico. Jen, Amberlyn, Soumya and Nicole present posters!
- Congratulations to Dr. Andrea Rodriguez on her successful Ph.D. defense
- Kohler Lab welcomes Dr. Anirudh Sethi
- The Kohler lab welcomes Dr. Soumya Krishnamurthy to the lab.
- The Kohler lab welcomes summer STARS student, Rosa Mendoza.
- The Kohler lab welcomes Dr. Nicole Nischan to the lab.
- Congratulations to Dr. Nam D. Pham on his defense.
- Congratulations to Dr. Randy Parker on his defense.
- The Kohler lab welcomes summer STARS student, Jimmy Ding.
- Congratulations to Dr. Janet E. McCombs, who has been awarded a Hartwell fellowship.
- Congratulations to Dr. Amberlyn Wands, who has been awarded a 2013 Glycoscience Young Investigator Award. She will present her research at 2013 Carbohydrate Symposium.
- Congratulations to Dr. Amberlyn Wands, who has been awarded a NRSA F32 Fellowship from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease.
- Drs. Jennifer Kohler and Steve Patrie's book, Mass Spectrometry of Glycoproteins: Methods and Protocols, will be available November 2012.
- Congratulations to Randy Parker and Dr. Janet McCombs on their publication in ACS Chemical Biology.
- S-H Yu, M Boyce, AM Wands, MR Bond, CR Bertozzi, & JJ Kohler. Metabolic labeling enables selective photocrosslinking of O-GlcNAc-modified proteins to their binding partners, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA , (2012) 109: 4834-4839, highlighted in ACS Chemical Biology Spotlight.
- Congratulations to Dr. Seok-ho Yu, whose manuscript has been accepted to PNAS.
- Dr. Yibing Wang and Dr. Jennifer Kohler will present posters on their work at the CPRIT annual conference in Austin, TX (November 15-17).
- Randy Parker, Dr. Fan Yang, and Dr. Jennifer Kohler will present posters on their work at the Annual Conference of Glycobiology in Seattle, WA (November 9-12).
- The Kohler lab will be attending the UT Southwestern Department of Biochemistry retreat. Poster presentations will be given by Randy Parker, Nam Pham, Dr. Amberlyn Wands, and Dr. Fan Yang on Friday, November 4th. Dr. Seokho Yu will give a talk on Saturday, November 5th.
- The Kohler lab welcomes new research scientist Dr. Susan Legan.
- The Kohler lab welcomes new post-docs Drs. Akiko Fujita and Janet McCombs.
- Claudio Morales-Perez presents at SURF summer poster session on August 11th.
- Congratulations to Nam Pham who has been awarded a NRSA Fellowship from the National Institute of Aging.
- Greer Gardner presents Friday the 29th on her summer research.
- Congratulations to Randy Parker on being awarded a Pharmacology Training grant.
- The Kohler Lab welcomes summer students Claudio Morales-Perez, from the University of Puerto Rico, and Greer Gardner, from Harvard University.
- Dr. Jennifer Kohler presents at the Gordon Research Conference in Carbohydrates- Chemical Glycobiology on Wednesday June 22nd.
- Dr. Seokho Yu presents at the Gordon Research Conference in Carbohydrates (June 19-24) at the Colby College.
- Dr. Bin Li presents at the Gordon Research Conference in Bioorganic Chemistry (June 12-17) at the Protor Academy.
- Randy Parker presents at the American Chemical Society meeting in Texas
- Dr. Fan Yang presents at the Division of Translational Research seminar.
- Dr. Bin Li presents at the Division of Translational Research seminar.