Hua-Kang WU, PhD
- Research Scientist
- Hua-Kang obtained his Ph.D. from the University of Tokyo in 1993.
- Over 25 years experience with advanced cellular and molecular approaches
- Advanced expertise in flow-cytometry
- Hua-Kang directs the design and conduct of cellular and molecular work within our laboratory
- Contact: Hua-kang.Wu@utsouthwestern.edu
Brina Snyder, PhD
- Postdoctoral Research Associate
- Brina completed her Ph.D. thesis work in 2018 under the direction of Dr. Rebecca L. Cunningham, at UNTHSC in Fort Worth, TX.
- In her dissertation project, she utilized a rodent model of chronic intermittent hypoxia to examine the contributions and interactions of oxidative stress and androgens on cognitive function and motor control.
- Current projects
- Single cell phenotyping of HIF and the HIF pathway with aging in the brain
- Determining the role of HIF in synaptic plasticity and cognitive performance with aging
- Contact: Brina.Snyder@utsouthwestern.edu