The Master of Radiation Therapy Program is an educational experience that will challenge and motivate you. To meet your expectations and satisfy accreditation requirements, we ask our applicants to be exceptionally well prepared.
Here are the steps you’ll need to take to be considered for our program:
- Complete a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university (recommended in a health science or sciences)
- Earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale
- Earn a minimum GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale in natural sciences and mathematics courses
- Complete and submit an online application. (The Program currently is not accepting applications.)
- Submit an essay as indicated with application
- Submit three letters of recommendation. (We recommend letters from undergraduate advisers, instructors or professors, employers, or volunteer supervisors.)
- Complete an on-campus interview
- Submit your TOEFL scores if you are an international student
- Submit GRE Scores
- Complete and submit evaluation forms from 24-hours of observation with a Radiation Therapist in a clinic or hospital
- Complete the following prerequisite courses
Below is a list of prerequisite courses you will need to complete before starting our program. Texas Common Course Numbers are provided for guidance. Higher-level course may be substituted in any category (for example, Calculus for Pre-calculus).
- English Composition | More than 3 Credit Hours
- ENGL 1301, 1302, 2311, 2321, 2326, or equivalent
- Speech/Communication | More than 3 Credit Hours
- SPCH 1311 or equivalent
Course must be completed with a grade of C or higher.
- Pre-calculus | More than 3 Credit Hours
- MATH 2412 or higher
- Natural Sciences
All required science classes must be for science majors. All courses must be completed with a grade of C or higher.
- General Chemistry with Laboratory | 4 Credit Hours
- CHEM 1405 or equivalent
- Physics with Laboratory | Greater than 8 Credit Hours
- PHYS 1401, 1402, or equivalent
- Anatomy and Physiology | Greater than 8
- BIOL 2401, BIOL 2402, or equivalent
Applicant prerequisite course work should be completed no more than five years prior to enrollment in the program. Please contact the Program office for more information as additional science and math courses may be required.
For detailed information about the program, please see the program guidelines.
Special Notes About Prerequisites
Here are some important points to remember about prerequisite courses.
- CLEP and AP: We may accept College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and Advanced Placement (AP) credits for core curriculum requirements, as long as a previously attended college or university has accepted the credits and they’re noted on your transcript.
- Transcript evaluations: If you have questions about whether we’ll accept your courses, send us your transcript for evaluation by a faculty member. You can email Angela Massey. email@example.com
- Applying before prerequisites are completed: We recommend you complete all prerequisites courses by the February 1 deadline, but you can still apply if you have no more than two classes in progress. Please list the courses in progress on your application.