Membership is expected to be broadly based and inclusive of individuals from the Medical School, Graduate School, and School of Health Professions.
- Nominations for Academy Membership by Department Chairs, Center Directors and Academy Members.
- Nominee should have at least 7 years of teaching activities at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
- Membership is based on sustained excellence in at least two of following categories:
- Direct Teaching
- Instructional development and curriculum design, and assessment of learner performance
- Advising and mentorship
- Educational administration and leadership
- Educational scholarship and research
- Candidates for membership prepare a portfolio demonstrating consistent outstanding contributions in two or more of the above categories.
- Personal statement (includes a discussion of the candidate's educational philosophy, a discussion of the candidate's professional development efforts in education, and intended contributions to the Academy and UTSW as an Academy member).
- Substantive letter of support from the applicant's Chair and peers; OPTIONAL supporting letters from learners.
- Distinct supporting material for one or more of the above categories.
SWAT membership is not to be regarded solely as an honorific academic recognition. Membership requires active committee participation in ongoing SWAT-related activities.
See list of Current SWAT Members