Endowments & Development
The Department of Ophthalmology is grateful for the following endowments:
- Shirley G. and Norman Alweis Endowment Fund for Vision
- Lillian and James Cain Endowment in Vision Loss
- Dr. George E. Holladay Ophthalmology Library Fund Honoring Dr. John Lynn
- Maurice Jameson Fund for Research of Macular Degeneration
- Anne Marie and Thomas B. Walker Jr. Fund for Research on Macular Degeneration of the Retina
- The David Bruton, Jr. Chair in Ophthalmology – J. William Harbour, M.D.
- Dr. W. Maxwell Thomas Chair in Ophthalmology – W. Matthew Petroll, Ph.D.
- Josephine Long Biddle Chair in Age-Related Macular Degeneration Research – Yu-Guang He, M.D.
- Royal C. Miller Chair in Age-Related Macular Degeneration Research – TBD
- Carol F. Zimmerman, M.D. Lecture Series in Neuro-Ophthalmology
- John R. Lynn, M.D. Lecture Series in Ophthalmology (Glaucoma)
- Seymour Gostin Endowment Fund for Lectures in Ophthalmology
- Corneal Disease and Transplantation Lectureship, in Honor of H. Dwight Cavanagh, M.D., Ph.D.
- Winslow Family Retina Lectureship
- George A. and Nancy P. Shutt Professorship in Medical Science – TBD
- Irene Wadel and Robert I. Atha, Jr. Professorship in Ophthalmology, in Honor of R. Wayne Bowman, M.D. – R. Wayne Bowman, M.D.
- Zora Meagher Macular Degeneration Research Professorship – Yu-Guang He, M.D.
- Paul T. Stoffel/Centex Professorship in Clinical Care – V. Vinod Mootha, M.D.
- Jean H. & John T. Walter Jr. Center for Research in Age-Related Macular Degeneration