Neuroscience Working Group on Diversity and Inclusion
This working group was established in 2020 in response to sustained racist events in our country. Our goal is to advise on how to foster a safe, equitable, and inclusive working environment for the entire Neuroscience community. We welcome input from all members of our community including research staff, administration, students, postdocs, and faculty.
We encourage members of the community to reach out to us with questions and/or suggestions. We are required to report to the administration any acts of discrimination reported to us that involve illegal behavior, but we are not required to report on microaggressions. We view some of our most important roles as helping you understand the reporting system at UTSW and advocating for members of the community at their request. You may contact us through the group email address above or individually.
- Helen Lai, Ph.D., Faculty
- Nan Li, Ph.D., Faculty
- Hume Akahori Stroud, Ph.D., Faculty
- Jonathan Terman, Ph.D. Faculty
- Pamela Jones, Administration
- Nyjerus Liggans, Research Staff
- Heidi Pak, Ph.D., Postdoctoral Researcher
- Yoheilly Velazquez Gonzalez, Graduate Student
- Joseph Takahashi, Ph.D., ex officio