UT Southwestern Requirements 

The following is an outline of some of the paperwork or forms you will be asked to submit before you arrive for orientation on June 20. Most of these items will be requested via the ‘MedHub Orientation Packet’ email that you will receive from the Parkland GME office in April. We are listing some of the items here so you are aware of what is expected and can plan accordingly.

Required DocumentsInstructions
Intern Training Offer Letter This DocuSign document will be sent to you via email within 2-3 business days after the Match. If you have not received it, contact Lynne Anderson as soon as possible.
ACLS & BLS Certification A copy of the front and back of your up-to-date ACLS & BLS card is required (you will NOT be allowed to start work without it so if you need to be re-certified, do not delay in signing up for a class at your current campus). Please be sure to sign your cards.
USMLE Scores
(Step 1 & Step 2)
You will need to upload an official USMLE score report as part of your orientation packet.  Please note you will not be able to begin work if you have not taken and passed USMLE Step 2 CS and CK by July 1.
National Provider ID Number All healthcare providers are required to obtain a National Provider Identifier Number (NPI). Instructions on how to apply for your NPI number will be emailed to you separately, shortly after the Match – the sooner you apply, the faster your number will be returned to you.
Texas Medical Board Physician in Training Permit

You will be required to apply for a Texas Medical Board (TMB) Physician-in-Training Permit (PIT). Directions on what steps you need to take will be sent to you via the MedHub Orientation Packet email. Once you receive the instructions, please DO NOT delay in applying for the permit since it can take some time for the TMB to process your application (3-8 weeks).

NOTE:  If you plan to get married after graduation, and want to use your married name on all documentation, please note that you CANNOT apply under your married name if you are not yet married. You must be married and submit an official court-certified marriage certificate by the time you apply for your permit. Once you are legally married and have the appropriate documentation, you can then request a name change to the TMB (a court-certified marriage certificate for name changes is required).

New Address Form

To be completed when you have your new address in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. This form MUST be completed even if you currently reside in the DFW area.  A form will be sent via email in late May.

Medical School Diploma Digital copy of your OFFICIAL Medical School Diploma once you have graduated. Requests to have one mailed or emailed (to YOU, not UTSW) should be available via your Med School website (or check with your Registrar).
Immunization Records Request for an electronic version of your records will be included in your MedHub Orientation packet (which will be emailed to you).
Code of Professional Conduct Review policy, print, and sign. A form will be included in your MedHub Orientation packet (which will be emailed to you).