Population Research Team
The department manages a population research team of approximately 50 people who provide quantitative, qualitative, data analytics and database buildup services, and Spanish language validation to faculty across campus.
Type of Research
- Quantitative research – 19 staff conducting:
- Subject recruitment and communication for quantitative studies,
- Patient-reported data collection, and
- Intervention delivery
- Qualitative research – 10 staff conducting:
- Subject recruitment and communication,
- Data collection, and
- Analysis of data for qualitative studies
- Data analytics and Database buildup – 18 staff providing:
- Research design consultation and analyses,
- EHR data extraction/curation,
- Customized complete project management software development and database building for large longitudinal studies, and
- “Big data” access and analysis.
- Spanish Language Validation Resource (SLVR) – uses a systematic, evidence-based process to enhance the quality of study materials in Spanish. This is not simply language translation. The process includes comprehensive literacy level testing, forward and back translation, validation of translation, identification of problematic concepts and phrases, and cognitive testing with the target audience.
Research as of April 2021
- 61 active projects
- 8 departments
- 40 principal investigators
To find out more about the Population Research Team and the services provided, please contact the Research Director, Li Wang, Ph.D., MBA. email@example.com