Perot Foundation Neuroscience Translational Research Center
The Perot Foundation Neuroscience Translational Research Center (NTRC) facilitates and enhances quality clinical research within the O'Donnell Brain Institute by providing resources for scientists, clinicians, and patients.
The NTRC was established in 2012 to support collaborative human-centered research in brain diseases that afflict adult and pediatric patients. The Center provides clinical research investigators clinical space, equipment, personnel and laboratory processing resources to successfully conduct their trials.
In 2019, transformational support from the Perot Foundation enabled the NTRC to expand its operations and move into the O'Donnell Brain Institute (OBI). Location within the OBI facilitates the integration of NTRC services with the clinical departments focused on brain-related care and research, including Neurology, Psychiatry, Neurosurgery, and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
We strive to increase the recruitment of high-quality, cost-effective clinical trials whether they are government/industry-sponsored, or investigator-initiated.
Additionally, we want to provide patients with access to cutting-edge clinical research opportunities.
- Pool of research nurses and coordinators
- Exam room availability
- Contract support including budget negotiations
- Grant identification and preparation including writing and administrative support
- IRB preparation and regulatory support
- Research nurse/coordinator training
- Laboratory space for processing of samples
- Help with manuscript preparation and editing
- Create budgets for study protocols and grants
- Determine feasibility of proposed clinical trials