Social Distancing Tools for Meeting & Conferencing
In-Person Meeting Limit is 5 Participants
Effective Sunday, March 15, and until further notice, in order to reduce potential exposure and transmission of COVID-19, any gathering on campus including grand rounds, seminars, conferences, and other lectures and classes must be limited to 5 or fewer participants.
Out of an abundance of caution and to promote social distancing, consider evaluating the importance of convening an in-person meeting of any size, which should be limited to only the most critical needs. For meetings or other activities in which greater participation or necessary, these should utilize an online format.
Overview of Social Distancing Tools
If you are already using a tool and it’s working well, keep doing it.
If you are just starting to work or teach remotely, we recommend the following:
For Conference Calls
If you can meet by phone and share any necessary visuals via email, that’s preferred because you will not bump into any capacity constraints. There are two phone only options:
Option 1 – Calls that Originate with One Caller on Campus
(Participant Maximum of 8)
View instructions for the on campus caller who dials in all participants.
Option 2 – Infinite Conferencing – On or Off Campus
(Participant Maximum of 100, or 250 with Advance Notice)
Please consult your department for existing conference line phone numbers, participant and leader codes, and their preferred mode of scheduling to use the conference lines.
Need your own conference line?
- Check with your manager to get approval
- Complete this form and firstname.lastname@example.org it to email@example.com
- Cost is 2.5 cents/minute. They will not charge the $10 paper billing fee noted on the form. The invoice is sent via email and can be paid with the UTSW buy card.
- Infinite Conferencing Contact Info – 888-203-7900, option 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For Concurrent Audio and Visual Conferencing
- For academic use – Zoom
- For business use – Skype for Business (see how to install for Mac or Windows) or Teams are recommended. Existing users of GoToMeeting and GoToWebinar may continue to utilize those tools as well.
Office 365 - How to Install (duration: 3:17)
Office 365 - How to Access (duration: 6:47)
Skype for Business Client and Web App - Installing and Using (duration: 6:29)
Skype for Business - Scheduling Online Meetings and Impromptu Meetings (duration: 5:53)
Teams - Creating a Microsoft Team (duration: 10:32)
Teams - Adding and Editing Documents (duration: 5:52)
- For clinical use – BlueJeans
For questions, please contact the IR ServiceDesk at 214-648-7600.