Information for Employees During COVID-19
Exposed and Need Testing?
Learn about ...
Attest to Being Symptom-free
All faculty, staff, and trainees entering Clements University Hospital, Zale Lipshy Pavilion, and ambulatory sites are required to scan their badge each day to acknowledge that they are both symptom-free and have not been exposed to anyone outside of work who recently tested positive for COVID-19. Those who do not pass the screening will be asked to return home and consult with Occupational Health on next steps.
Everyone entering William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital, Zale Lipshy Pavilion, and ambulatory sites will also have a no-touch thermometer scan. If you register a reading of 100.0°F/37.7°C or higher, you will not be allowed in the buildings. You will be masked, advised to contact your manager to notify them that they are unable to work, directed to complete an Occupational Health Screening form to prompt follow up (via QR Code at entry point), and directed to return home.
Quick, daily COVID-19 screening for UTSW employees, faculty, and learners in nonclinical buildingsLog Into UTSW Protect
Badge Access for Non-Clinical Facilities
Building access for non-clinical facilities around campus has moved to restricted access. Badges should be worn by UTSW employees at all times.
You will need to use your badge to gain access to:
- Academic and other non-clinical buildings
- The Danciger Building (H) passage between UTSW and Parkland
- The Charles Sprague/Zale Lipshy Pavilion connecting doors
The breezeway doors will be locked. Brookriver will remain on card access only. The Bryan Williams, M.D. Student Center, including the gymnasium and recreational and exercise facilities, are closed. The library requires card access, but congregating in groups, group study, and meetings are not permitted. Social distancing practices should be followed in all instances.
Construction workers are coordinating access through the Facilities project managers. Please refer to the visitor policy to determine whether a visit to campus is appropriate. Gatherings of more than five individuals are not permitted on campus.
William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital
- The cafeteria is open seven days a week from 6am–2am, with no self-checkout.
- Caribou Coffee Shop, 6:30am–2pm Monday–Friday
- Mindful Grill, 6am–2pm Monday–Friday
- Asian Fusions, 11am–2pm Monday–Friday
- Latin Fare, 11am–2pm Monday–Friday
- Starbucks, 6:30am–2pm Monday-Friday, and 6:30am–2pm Saturday–Sunday
- Simply to go: Open 7 days a week, offering lighter fare, including salads, sandwiches, snacks, sushi, beverages, coffee and desserts. The coffee shop inside offers a variety of coffee blends.
Zale Lipshy Pavilion
- Breakfast 6:30–9:30 a.m. 7 days a week
- Lunch 11 a.m.–2 p.m. 7 days a Week
- Dinner 4:30–7:30 p.m. Monday-Friday
- Grab & Go 2–4:30 p.m. Monday–Friday
- Simply to Go 7:30 p.m.–2 a.m., Monday–Friday, with no self-checkout
- Mon–Fri 6:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m.
- Sat–Sun 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- North Campus 3rd Floor Food Court is open from 7:30 a.m.–2 p.m., Monday–Friday. Dickey’s Barbecue Pit within the food court is open from 11 a.m.–2 p.m., Monday–Friday.
- Brew Coffee Shop is open from 7:30 a.m.–2 p.m., Monday–Friday.
- NG3 Mini-Market is open 24/7.
- ND14 Café will remain closed until Jan. 2, 2021.
- Bass Center food venues are dependent upon vendor capabilities. Currently, Fresh Market (take out only), Hunan, and Parks Burger will operate for lunch Monday through Friday, hours may vary.
- Hunan and Burger House are open in the South Campus Food Court from 11 a.m.–2 p.m., Monday–Friday.
- A.W. Harris Faculty Club is open 11 a.m.–2 p.m., Monday–Friday.
- D Plaza Mini-Market is open 24/7.
- Brew Coffee Shop is open from 7:30 a.m.–2 p.m., Monday–Friday.
The Outpatient Building, West Campus Building 3 (WCB3), and the Radiation Oncology building coffee shops will operate during regular hours.
Access is restricted to the following:
We are limiting access points to Parkland Hospital from Children’s Medical Center Dallas. All Children’s Health team members and UT Southwestern physicians will enter the hospital through designated doors and complete the screening process. This process includes wearing a mask at all times while in the hospital.
- We are closing access to Parkland from our Dallas campus on the basement level until further notice.
- Physicians and team members are still able to access Parkland through the entrance near the NICU on the second floor as well as on the first floor outside to access old Parkland.
- For Parkland Hospital employees who are transporting NICU patients to Children’s Medical Center Dallas, a mask will be worn upon entry to the facility, and entry will occur on the fourth floor of Children’s Medical Center Dallas.
- All Children’s Health team members or UT Southwestern physicians who need to go to Parkland Hospital from Children’s Health will utilize the fourth floor corridor. This location has a Children’s Health and Parkland Hospital badge reader in place.
- The door on the lobby level from Children’s Medical Center Dallas (RPM‑L‑BL 400‑C1) will be locked and is no longer accessible for any team members or physicians to use for travel between the two facilities.
- The Children’s Health door on the first floor near the laboratory will be locked and will no longer allow entry or exit from Children’s Medical Center Dallas.
- Mail service will continue to sort invoices, checks, etc. and deliver to/pick up from departments. The number of stops per day will vary based on mail volume and coordination with each department.
- Bass Post Office will remain open, Monday through Friday 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- South Campus Post Office is closed. Please contact Mail Services at 214-645-0975 or firstname.lastname@example.org if your department has special mail service needs.
- All employees authorized to park on campus can access parking garages and park in designated UTSW employee spaces. Staff with lot parking are allowed in staff garage parking spaces.
- DART riders have been issued “dash” passes authorizing parking on campus.
- Fire lanes, patient/visitor, reserved, faculty, and handicap spaces remain restricted and will be enforced by Parking Services.
- The parking team will continue to service garages and lots.
- Visitor Center (A Building) and POB Office (Clements University Hospital) will be closed.
- Printing services remain available. Please contact the Printing Services team directly at 214-648-6184 or email@example.com.
Shuttle Services has implemented social distancing standards, limiting the total number of riders to five per shuttle and roping off every other seat bench.
Signage is in place at all shuttle stops and on all shuttles regarding the five-passenger limit and requirement that riders wear a face covering and maintain six-foot social distancing.
Plexiglas sneeze guards are installed around the driver area. Shuttle drivers are masked at all times and they disinfect seats and handrails every two hours.
Schedules remain flexible based on need.
- Both are open and operating at normal business hours.