Faculty Development Resources
The Office of Women’s Careers, in conjunction with the Office of Faculty Development, offers a number of programs and resources for UT Southwestern faculty.
Special OWC Symposium to Celebrate International Women's Day and National Women's History Month
Reshma Jagsi, M.D., D.Phil., is the Newman Family Professor and Deputy Chair in the Department of Radiation Oncology and Director of the Center for Bioethics and Social Sciences in Medicine at the University of Michigan. Dr. Jagsi has devoted a substantial portion of her scholarly effort to investigations regarding gender equity and success in academic medicine. Click on the link to access Dr. Jagsi's PPT on Promoting Equity for Women in Academic Medicine: An Evidence-Based Approach. Dr. Jagsi also provided us with a list of publications from her research on women’s careers in academic medicine, click here for that list.
Our site also serves as a guide to other helpful resources for current and prospective faculty members to explore:
- Faculty Leadership Training
- Career Development
- Mentoring – This resource at Boston Children’s Hospital provides useful checklists and guidelines for mentors and junior faculty members, including a developmental network exercise for junior faculty to assess the strength and balance of their support system.
- Mentoring Women Faculty - Recommended Reading Resources
- Women's Faculty Networking Lunches
- Successfully Obtaining an R (SOAR) Grant Program
- Promotion and Tenure
- New Faculty Research Forum
- Funding and Award Opportunities
- Negotiation – The Office of Faculty Development and Women’s Careers presented the “Learn to Negotiate” Series on October 4, 2013, to assist all faculty members. Sessions addressed “The Art of Negotiation in an Academic Medical Center” and “Gender Influence in Negotiation.” Watch the videos and view the slides. (You must be on a UTSW computer or logged in via VPN.)
- UTSW Faculty Corner (You must be on a UTSW computer or logged in via VPN.)
- UTSW Policy Library – In order to better serve our faculty, UT Southwestern offers an extensive policy library of regulations and practices. There are policies that pertain to faculty, ethics and standards of behavior, which include sexual harassment policies, and administration. (The policies are available on MyUTSW, the campus intranet. You must be on a UTSW computer or logged in via VPN to view these pages.)