Office for Technology Development Internship Program
The Office for Technology Development (OTD) has unpaid internship opportunities available each academic semester. The OTD internship replaces any previous program and is designed to provide a project-based experience for participating interns.
Internship positions are available throughout the academic year to UT Southwestern students and trainees seeking to explore opportunities outside the lab or clinical environment. Part-time intern positions are limited to four to six hours per week.
Interns will receive specialized training from experienced OTD staff in the areas that are relevant to the assigned project. Additional materials are available to interns on a case-by-case basis. No previous knowledge in these fields is required. A strong life sciences background is preferred.
Examples of Intern Projects
- Targeted marketing of selected technologies
- Evaluation of technology for patentability and commercialization
- Analysis of patterns and demographics of licensee recruitment
- Industry market research surveys
- Developing marketing materials in one-page, summary form
- Must be a UT Southwestern graduate or postdoctoral student, medical student, or medical resident
- Provide CV or résumé
- Provide brief cover letter or email. Please include the following:
- Why you are interested in working in the Office for Technology Development
- Particular skill sets that you bring that may distinguish you from the applicant pool
- Hours you are available, including any evenings
OTD accepts applications throughout the year. Applicants will be evaluated jointly by OTD and members of the executive board of the consulting club at UT Southwestern. It is therefore advised that applicants reach out to the consulting club at https://utswconsulting.wixsite.com/mysite.
For more information or to send application materials, please contact Melanie Holt, Senior Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.