The Office for Technology Development (OTD) offers unpaid internship opportunities each academic semester. These project-based experiences help UT Southwestern students and trainees explore learning opportunities outside the lab or clinical environment. OTD internships are part-time positions limited to four to six hours per week. Experienced OTD staff members provide interns with specialized training in areas relevant to the assigned project. No previous knowledge in these fields is required, but a strong life sciences background is preferred.
Examples of Intern Projects
- Targeted marketing of selected technologies
- Evaluation of technology for patentability and commercialization
- Analysis of patterns and demographics of licensee recruitment
- Industry market research surveys
- Developing marketing materials
How to Apply
To apply for the OTD internship, applicants must:
- Be a UT Southwestern graduate or postdoctoral student, medical student, or medical resident.
- Provide a CV or résumé.
- Provide a brief cover letter or email. Please include why you are interested in working in the OTD, the skills you bring that distinguish you from the applicant pool, and the hours you are available, including any evenings.
OTD accepts applications throughout the year. Applications are evaluated jointly by OTD and members of the executive board of the consulting club at UT Southwestern. Applicants should email the consulting club at email@example.com with a copy of their CV or résumé.
For more information, please contact the Office for Technology Development. (firstname.lastname@example.org).