J-1 Visas

Non-immigrants with J-1 visas are called Exchange Visitors because they participate in the Exchange Visitor Program. The Exchange Visitor Program promotes mutual understanding between the peoples of the United States and other countries through educational and cultural exchange.

Although there are several categories under which an Exchange Visitor may participate at UT Southwestern Medical Center, only J-1 Research Scholar, Short Term Scholar, Professor, and Student visas are sponsored under UT Southwestern's J-1 Exchange Visitor Program.