Prospective and Retrospective Outcomes in Nasal, Functional, Cosmetic, and Reconstructive Surgery
1. Retrospective review of patient charts and images collected in the normal course of pre and post operative assessment and evaluation of patients. Prospective evaluation of patient charts and images collected in the normal course of pre and post operative assessment and evaluation of patients who sign consents and agree to participate in the study. Patients with cosmetic or functional defects of their nose, nasal airway, and nasal septum will be included in this study.
2. The main outcome measure is the successful correction of the patients nasal cosmetic, structural, or functional problem. Ideally we would obtain follow up data for as long as the patient would normally be evaluated in the course of their standard medical and surgical care.
3. We plan to review up to 1000 charts retrospectively to identify a suitable number of patients. We plan to prospectively consent up to 200 patients for the study. A large number of retrospective charts may need to be reviewed due to screening failures.
4. The maximum number of charts to be 1200 (the 1000 retrospective patients and the 200 prospective patients). Many charts may need to be reviewed due to screening failures.
5. We plan to include 400 patients in the study. Two hundred retrospective patients and 200 prospective patients will be included. The study will last for 2 years.
1. Patients eligible for inclusion in this study will be those with nasal cosmetic or functional defects who are 18 years and up.