Collaboration on Neuroimmunology: Question, Understand, Educate, Restore x The Longitudinal CONQUER Study of Rare Neuroimmunologic Disorders
This is a single center prospective observational cohort study. a minimum of 50 patients will be enrolled into a uniform protocol for follow up and evaluations. Patients will take part in one of three types of studies based on ability to travel to our center on a frequent basis. The study will be divided into [Quote]cohorts[Quote] and [Quote]populations[Quote]. The cohorts will be defined by the frequency of follow up while populations will be defined by diagnosis.
Cohort 1 will involve visits to the research center every 12 months. Cohort 2 will involve visits to the research center every 6 months. Cohort 3 will involve visits to the study center every 3 months. Cohort 4 will be comprised of subjects outside the Dallas-Fort Worth area who will be visited in their locale up to 3 times per year by uTSW research staff. in addition, all patients will be asked to perform more frequent blood draws with a goal of 20 patients agreeing to monthly blood draws, which is an adequate samples size to determine the rate of change of clinically important biomarkers.
* Patient is able to provide informed consent
* Patient is a man or woman over 18 years of age
* For patients 10 to 17, the patient is able to assent and a parent or guardian is able to provide informed consent
* The minimum age for inclusion in this study is 6 years of age. For patients under 10, a parent or guardian is able to provide informed consent
* Patient meets criteria for one of the following populations:
1. All patients with positive NMO-IgG
2. All patients with history of longitudinally extensive transverse myelitis
3. All patients with recurrent optic neuritis or recurrent transverse myelitis who do not meet MRI or clinical criteria for multiple sclerosis.
4. All patients with a single event of transverse myelitis
5. All patients with a single event of optic neuritis
6. Healthy subjects to serve as controls