International Pediatric Peritoneal Dialysis Network (IPPN)
At present 98 institutions around the globe participate in the network and 235 individual members actively contribute data to the network. Participants include the 43 active centers of the International Pediatric Peritonitis Registry, as well as new sites from countries with emerging pediatric dialysis programs in Latin America, India, China, Southeast Asia and the Arab countries. At Children and amp;apos;s Medical Center Dallas (CMC), we expect to enroll up to 20 subjects each year. To date, 918 patients have been enrolled in the IPPN Registry.
A steering committee consisting of representatives of the individual regions will be formed. The steering committee will meet once to twice per year, usually on the occasion of an international congress.
A central coordinating office (Dr. Brad Warady, CMH) will serve as the primary contact for network participants and will provide regular updates to the PIs and steering committee members as to the status of site and patient enrollment and global statistics.
Participants of the IPPN are granted exclusive access to the web portal. This website provides the following functions:
* Educational materials regarding general and pediatric aspects of PD care (guidelines, checklists, clinical decision
* Online data entry forms for prospective patient registry.
* Statistical feedback pages containing continuously updated population-wide and center-specific performance
* A PET/PD Adequacy analysis module with pediatric reference data. Peritoneal equilibration test (PET) is an
evaluation of the function of the peritoneal membrane.
* An online/email forum to discuss challenging clinical cases.
* Programs to calculate pediatric indices such as height and BMI Z scores, left-ventricular mass index, etc.
* Materials for associated prospective studies (study protocols, patient information, consent forms in multiple
* Contact information on all centers participating in the network.
Male and female peritoneal dialysis patients ages birth to 21 years of age