Adherence to Disease-Modifying Therapies in Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis
- Children’s Medical Center (Dallas, Plano, Southlake)
Benjamin Greenberg, M.D.
This is a survey-based cohort study including up to 150 subjects. Patients receiving care at Children's Medical Center Pediatric Demyelinating Disease will be offered the opportunity to participate in this study. MS patients as well as one parent of the child will be asked to complete a one-time online questionnaire evaluating their adherence to treatment and factors influencing their adherence, including patient and parent reported reasons for non adherence, mood related issues and socioeconomic status. We will review the subject's medical records in order to obtain basic clinical information such as disease duration, annualized relapse rate, disease activity and hospitalizations as these may be impacted by the patient's treatment regimen.
1) Participants must be between the ages of 8 and 17 years of age at the time of enrollment.
2) Subjects will have an established diagnosis of MS or CIS. Diagnosis will be established for at least 6 months
3) Subjects will have been on a disease-modifying therapy for at least 6 months.
4) All patients will be either English or Spanish speaking (due to the nature of the questionnaire format we must restrict language to either English or Spanish)
-Spanish speaking subjects will participate only in the adherence questionnaire portion of the study as the MASC 2 and CDI 2 are copyrighted and available only in English version