A Pilot Feasibility Trial of Prenatal and Early Postnatal Fluoxetine Treatment for Intellectual Impairments of Down Syndrome
- Children’s Medical Center (Dallas, Plano, Southlake)
- UT Southwestern Ambulatory Services
- UT Southwestern-Other
- Zale Lipshy University Hospital
Carol Tamminga, M.D.
Refer to section 3 of the protocol.
1. Mothers with a fetus with a DS diagnosis confirmed by chorionic villus sampling or the new noninvasive prenatal testing (NIPT) of maternal blood.
2. Gestation between 13 and 24 weeks.
3. 18+ years of age.
4. Mothers and fathers (except that the father's consent need not be obtained if he is unable to consent because of unavailability, incompetence, or temporary incapacity or the pregnancy resulted from rape or incest) who demonstrate adequate decisional capacity to make a choice about participating in this research study and who provide informed consent to participate.