A Longitudinal Case-Control Study to Collect Clinical Data and Biologic Specimens for Research into Various Diseases
- Children’s Medical Center (Dallas, Plano, Southlake)
- Clements University Hospital
- IEEM at Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas
- Parkland Health & Hospital System
- Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children
- Zale Lipshy University Hospital
Benjamin Greenberg, M.D.
The Researchers will collect Past medical history (including medications, allergy information, diagnostic tests and previous lab work, physical exams), information contained in the study questionnaire (including lifestyle and family heritage/culture, environmental exposure data, geographical data, and living conditions, and past medical history), date of birth, contact information (i.e. name, address, phone number) and genetic testing.
if as a part of patient's clinical care a lumbar puncture, plasma exchange, saliva, a blood draw, biopsy, and/or cytology is performed, some of the fluid, tissue, or cells will be placed into our repository for future research studies. Patient may also be asked to consent to a blood draw, saliva collection, tear collection, lumbar puncture, leukapheresis, and/or skin biopsy to collect samples solely for research purposes. However patient do not need to provide these samples to be part of the database. This is a repository and not a treatment study.
- Patients with a variety of suspected conditions and healthy volunteers
- Any age, gender or Race/ethnic background are eligible
- The patient may be contacted in the future to update medical information and provide an addition sample.
- Consent can be obtained from parent or guardian if patient s unable to give consent.