Pathology Core Facility
The Pathology Core facility is dedicated to providing pathology-related services in support of basic, translational, and clinical research at UT Southwestern Medical Center. We provide histology and digital imaging services to research investigators. The following services are currently available.
- Block sectioning
- H&E staining
- Immunohistochemistry (Not currently available)
- Antibody optimization (Not currently available)
Digital imaging is performed using the Aperio Scanscope AT Turbo. The ScanScope AT Turbo is an automated scanning system that produces high-quality images of whole slides. Once scanned in, these images are available for viewing on your computer. Digital imaging has various functions, including the following:
- Take pictures of images of your scanned slides on your computer using Imagescope. Imagescope is available for free download.
- Perform image analysis on immunostains using different algorithms, including nuclear, membranous, and cytoplasmic staining algorithms, for quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Perform image analysis for cellular characteristics such as cell size.
- Annotate your images.
- Analyze TMAs using TMA Lab. TMA Lab can segment each TMA core into an image for viewing and analysis.