The Mouse Metabolic Phenotyping Core offers multiple methods to analyze mouse, rat, and human plasma/serum as well as a select few tissues.
- Vitros 250: The Vitros 250 is a chemistry analyzer that quickly and accurately measures a multitude of tests on a single sample of serum, plasma heparin, or urine. It uses assay specific slides that are multilayered, analytical element coated on a polyester support. There are 36 tests that can be run on the Vitros 250, and depending on the number of samples, turnaround time is normally within 24 hours of when they are received.
- MagPix (cytokines): The MagPix uses magnetic bead mapping technology to analyze cytokines in a 96 well plate format. This technique enables the investigator to run several samples at once using a small volume.
- ELISA/EIA Kits: The core is capable of running these kits for most analytes, including Leptin, Insulin, and Free Fatty Acid. Please click on the link for a complete list.
- Plasma Lipoprotein Fractionation by FPLC: This process separates plasma cholesterol into VLDL, LDL, and HDL components and then quantitate each fraction.
- Tissue Extractions for Triglycerides and Cholesterol: This service provides the investigator with triglyceride and cholesterol data by using tissue, particularly liver, extractions.
- Pancreatic Islet Isolation: This service provides separation of pancreatic beta cells from the pancreas of mice.