The Mouse Metabolic Phenotyping Core offers multiple methods to analyze mouse, rat, and human plasma/serum as well as a select few tissues.
Note: to reach some of these sites, you must be on a UTSW computer or on the VPN.
- Vitros 250: The Vitros 250 is a chemistry analyzer that quickly and accurately runs many tests on a single sample of serum, plasma heparin, or urine. It uses assay-specific slides on a polyester support. There are 36 tests that can be run on the Vitros 250. Turnaround time is normally within 24 hours.
- MagPix (cytokines): The MagPix uses magnetic bead mapping technology to analyze cytokines in a 96-well plate. This technique enables the investigator to use a small volume to run several samples at once.
- ELISA/EIA Kits: The core cab run these kits for most analytes, including leptin, insulin, and free fatty acid. Please click on the link for a complete list.
- Plasma Lipoprotein Fractionation by FPLC: This process separates plasma cholesterol into VLDL, LDL, and HDL components, and then quantitates each fraction.
- Tissue Extractions for Triglycerides and Cholesterol: This service provides the investigator with triglyceride and cholesterol data by using tissue, particularly liver, extractions.
- Pancreatic Islet Isolation: This service separates pancreatic beta cells from mouse pancreas.