Ready or not, swimsuit season is on its way
One thing is certain: When diet ads start popping up, swimsuit season is right around the corner.
Rather than hiding behind a tarp all summer, how can people prepare for the onslaught of eyes without breaking the bank or their backs trying to get in shape?
Lona Sandon, assistant professor of clinical nutrition at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a spokeswoman for the American Dietetic Association, says exercise has the biggest impact, but some simple substitutions like trading soda for unsweetened iced tea can help trim calories and your waist.
Some other suggestions include:
• Switch fruit juice for whole fruit.
• If you can’t get going without 10 ounces of orange juice, dilute eight ounces of juice with two ounces of water.
• Top green salads with a sliced hard-cooked egg for protein that will keep you feeling full longer for only 75 calories per egg.
• Start the day with a 100 percent whole-grain breakfast - oatmeal made with skim milk.
• Keep the cheese but omit the mayo on sandwiches.
• Enjoy an open-faced sandwich with only one slice of bread to cut about 100 calories.
Media Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org">Kristen Holland Shear
Return to /*\"+\"Email\"+\"\";")/*]]>*/