Classes are in session, the summer is winding down, and it’s time to think of safety and security practices to use on campus.
- Program the University Police emergency telephone number, 214-648-8911, into the speed dial of your cell phone.
- When walking in public (especially after dark) walk with a friend or call the University Police for a personal escort, which is available 24/7.
- Locate all Emergency Call Boxes between where you normally park and where you take classes or work. Secure your bicycle to a bicycle rack and register it on the University Police Crime Prevention website.
- Don’t leave valuables in the passenger compartment of your car. Take them with you or lock them in the trunk.
- If working or studying alone, after hours on campus, lock yourself in and call the University Police to let officers know who and where you are. Call again when you leave.
University Police numbers:
- 311 (nonemergency, from any building telephone)
- 214-648-8311 (nonemergency, from telephones off campus, cell phones, and Medical Park Apartments)
- 911 (emergency, from any building telephone)
- 214-648-8911 (emergency, from telephones off campus, cell phones and Medical Park Apartments)