Wish Lists – Donations
Happy New Year and a huge thank you for your donations of clothing, diapers, and much more! We made a large delivery to Parkland Memorial Hospital in December – a wonderful way to share the holiday spirit!
We had set a goal for this FWC year (September 2014 through August 2015) of providing outfits for 10 percent of Parkland’s annually anticipated preemie infants, or 112 of the total 1,120 preemies. Thanks to you, we are well on our way, having donated 79 of the targeted 112 outfits. We did not set a specific numerical goal towards providing for the thousands of other (full-term) newborns (size newborn–6 months) who are experiencing medical challenges, and/or whose families lack the basic necessities – but we aim to make a strong effort for them as well. We have delivered 70 outfits for this category of infants so far, along with diapers and other items.
In summary, we’re hoping to deliver 33 more preemie outfits and 3 more newborn–6 month size outfits to finish out the year. The tremendous need for adults’ and children’s clothing and necessities also continues, and your donations of more than 80 items so far this year are greatly appreciated. And hooray for our loyal magazine donors for their ongoing gift of pleasant distraction for Aston patients in waiting areas!
Our heartfelt thanks to all who have given: Donna Beaver, Carole Choti, Susan Cronin, Heike Cullum, Joanne Dimeff, Carol Eberhart, Veronica Edgar, Susan Froehlich, Margaret Ghose, Mary Greene, Stephanie Haley, Bethany Hampton, Jennifer Hendrix, Krystyna Isaacs, Beverly Johnson, Cass Kernstine, Stephanie Engel King, Nyla Kripner, Carol Mitchell, Barbara Moses, Laurie Clark Olson, Peg Pesicka, Gloria Rege, Diane Sinn, Liz Storey, Carol Tyler, Karen Westergaard, and Linda Willson. Our apologies if we inadvertently left off your name.
In November, 354 much-anticipated Scholastic Board Books were delivered to Parkland’s Nursery, thanks to your donations. The books offer stimulation for hospitalized infants and serve as a tool in parenting education. We plan to provide an additional 354 copies in the spring.
- Personal care items (deodorant, soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, combs, picks, hairbrushes, travel-size shampoo and conditioner, lip balm, hand/body lotion, denture cleaner/cups)
- Paperback novels and books with large print, magnifying glasses
- Bathrobes (large sizes)
- Flip-flop shoes (men’s and women’s)
- Men’s and women’s sweatpants and sweatshirts (size M, L, XL, XXL)
- Men’s T-shirts, underwear, and socks (all sizes)
- Women’s panties (for assault victims), T-shirts, and socks
- Knitted hats
- Throw-size blankets and full-size quilts/blankets
- Bathrobes and pajamas (any size)
- Adult slippers/socks (no skid with bottom grips)
- Sleeping eye masks
- Personal care items (soap, shampoo/conditioner, deodorant, lotions, toothbrushes, toothpaste, hair accessories, nail care, makeup, facial care)
- Laundry detergent
- Adult books/novels in Spanish or English
- Puzzle books in English or Spanish (Crossword, Sudoku, word search)
- DVDs (comedy, drama, romance, etc.)
- Craft items, board games, playing cards
Adolescent Trauma Unit/Palliative Care Unit
- Chapstick/lip balm, hair accessories, and nail care items (polish, remover pads, files)
- Hidden picture books (I Spy, Where’s Waldo, etc.)
- DVDs (teen-friendly PG-13 and below, English or Spanish)
- Arts and crafts (felt coloring posters, scrapbook, and related items)
- Markers, colored pencils, and crayons
- Puzzle books (Sudoku, word search, crossword)
- Board games (Clue, Battleship, Sorry, Trouble, Scrabble, etc.)
- Playing cards (Uno, Phase10, Skip-bo, etc.)
- Magazines (sports, entertainment, fashion, decorating, arts/crafts, hunting/fishing, cars/motorcycles)
- Soft blankets
When bringing donations to any FWC event, please look for Gloria Rege, Mary Greene, or Karen Westergaard. Donations may also be dropped off or you can bring them to the AM Book Group meetings for pick up by Mary Greene. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Thank you for supporting these projects!