There is growing concern on the radiation dose delivered to patient during CT or cone-beam CT (CBCT) procedure, especially for pediatric patients, screening or repeated acquisitions for CBCT-guided radiation therapy over a whole treatment course. We have developed various strategies to enhance image quality of low-dose CT and CBCT.
Our research focuses on:
- Modeling the statistical properties of noise in low-dose CT/CBCT data.
- Developing and optimizing statistics-based projection restoration and iterative image reconstruction algorithms. We are currently evaluating these algorithms on clinical patient images.
- J. Wang, T. Li, H. Lu, and Z. Liang, “Penalized weighted least-squares approach to sinogram noise reduction and image reconstruction for low-dose X-ray computed tomography,” IEEE Trans. on Medical Imaging, vol. 25, pp. 1272-1283, 2006.
- J. Wang, T. Li, and L. Xing, “Iterative image reconstruction for CBCT using edge-preserving prior,” Medical Physics, vol. 36, pp. 252-260, 2009.
- L. Ouyang, T. Solberg, and J. Wang, “Effects of the penalty to penalized weighted least-squares image reconstruction for low-dose CBCT,”Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 56, pp. 5535-5552, 2011.
- J. Wang, H. Guan and T. Solberg, “Inverse determination of the penalty parameter in penalized weighted least-squares algorithm for noise reduction of low-dose CBCT,”Medical Physics, vol. 38, pp. 4066-4072, 2011.
- L. Ouyang, T. Solberg, and J. Wang, “Noise Reduction in Low-Dose Cone Beam CT by Incorporating Prior Volumetric Image Information,”Medical Physics, vol. 39, pp. 2569-2577, 2012.
- J. Wang, J. Robar, and H. Guan, “Noise Suppression in Reconstruction Low-Z Target MV CBCT Images,”Medical Physics, vol. 39, pp 5111-5117, 2012.
- H. Zhang, L. Ouyang, J. Ma, J. Huang, W. Chen, and J. Wang, “Noise Correlation in CBCT Projection Data and its Application for Noise Reduction in Low-dose CBCT”, Medical Physics, vol. 41, 031906, 2014
- H. Zhang, L. Ouyang, J. Huang, J. Ma, W. Chen, and J. Wang, "Few-view cone-Beam CT Reconstruction with Deformed Prior Image", Medical Physics, vol. 41, 121905, 2014
- T. Sun, N. Sun, J. Wang*, and S. Tan, "Iterative CBCT reconstruction using hessian penalty", Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 60, pp.1965-1987, 2015 (*co-corresponding author)