About the lab
Select a suitable chemical compound class (Peptoids)
- Peptoids are easy, rapid and economical to synthesize and optimize.
- Highly diverse peptoid combinatorial libraries can be synthesized within days.
- Minimum pharmacophores of active compounds can easily be found and both important and non-important residues are easily accessible for further modifications and optimizations.
- In addition, peptoids are serum-stable, non-immunogenic and cell-permeable, providing highly biologically amenable characters.
Better approach to identify potential compounds – On-bead Two-Color (OBTC) cell screen
- This assay directly identifies the most selective peptoid compounds, ignoring less specific compounds.
Complex biological problems we address
- How to tackle cancer bio-marker heterogeneity in effective anti-cancer drug lead development.
- How to tackle signaling cascade complexity and cross-talking in effective anti-cancer drug lead development.
- Develop better ‘Theragnostic’ agents that can be used as ‘double swords’ in cancer battle (having both therapeutic and imaging capabilities built in a single molecule).
Applying combinatorial principles in contrast agent developments