- Stefan defended his thesis; Congratulations Dr. Bresson!
- Stefan started a new position as a postdoctoral fellow in Dr. David Tollervey's lab at University of Edinburgh.
- We welcome two new members to the lab:
- Dr. Sung-Kyun (Sean) Park who received his Ph.D. from Kyung Hee University in South Korea. Sean will be working on nuclear regulation of intron retention.
- Dr. Julio Ruiz who received his Ph.D. from UT Southwestern. Julio will be working on mechanisms of ORF57.
- Emi defended her thesis: Congratulations, Dr. Sei!
- Emi moved on to a position as a Lab Coordinator in Dr. Nicholas Navin's lab at MD Anderson Cancer Center.
- Nick was approved for promotion to Associate Professor (with tenure) as of September 2014.
- Sarah defended her thesis and shortly afterwards moved on to a postdoc with Sean Whelan at Harvard. Congratulations and best of luck Sarah!
- Nick attended and gave a talk at the EMBO Conference: RNA 3’ ends: Mechanism and biological function in eukaryotic genomesin Oxford, UK.
- Nick and Stefan attended the Cold Spring Harbor Eukaryotic mRNA Processing
- Nick and Emi attended the International Herpesvirus Workshop in Grand Rapids Michigan.
- Ally left the lab to start in the physical therapy doctoral program here at UTSW. Best of luck to Ally!
- Welcome to Kathryn Pendleton, a new graduate student in the lab! Kathryn received her BS in biochemistry from UT Austin and will be working on nuclear RNA processing and decay.
- Nick and Emi attend the KSHV and EBV meeting in Philadelphia; both gave poster presentations of their work on KSHV ORF57.
- The lab gets a new website.
- Olga Hunter has been promoted from Research Technician II to Research Associate. Congratulations, Olga, you earned it!
- New lab members join!
- Welcome to Ally Hunter, a technician joining us from Trinity University.
- Patrick Hunt and Breanna Pasko will be with us for the the summer as SURF and rotation students, respectively.
- Stefan and Nick attended the RNA Society Meeting in Ann Arbor, where Stefan wowed the audience with an oral presentation of his work.
- Nick publishes a paper in collaboration with Markus Grammel and Howard Hang in ChemBioChem.
- Sarah’s paper on REF/Aly and ORF57 effects on nuclear RNA stability was published Molecular and Cellular Biology. Congratulations to Sarah on her first lead-author paper!