Our EMT training course is a full-time curriculum with 23 days of instruction from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Classroom instruction covers all key elements of basic life support, including:
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Automatic external defibrillation
- Physical assessment
- Bandaging and splinting
- Traction splinting
- Spinal immobilization
- Airway management
- Oxygen therapy
- Other noninvasive procedures
The course does not offer semester hour credit. Download our catalog.
Your classroom work is followed by:
- One 24-hour shift in a Dallas Fire Department Mobile Intensive Care Unit.
- Five eight-hour shifts in the Parkland Memorial Hospital Emergency Department, the Parkland Labor and Delivery Department, and the Children's Health ℠ Children's Medical Center Emergency Department.
- The NREMT written and skills exams after the last day of training.