Parkland Collegiate Fellow Program
The Parkland Auxiliary Collegiate Fellows Program
The Collegiate Fellows Program is a 9-week summer internship, beginning in June and ending in August. The program is completely funded by the Parkland Auxiliary. The Auxiliary was organized in 1940 and continues to greatly promote the hospital and the programs to the citizens of Dallas County.
This Program was designed for those undergraduate students who would not otherwise have an opportunity to work in a health care setting. Up to 25 students are selected for the program. Students are placed in various areas throughout the hospital and work 40 hours per week under the supervision of the unit manager of the department who also serves as a mentor to the student he/ she is sponsoring. It is an experience that will help students define and focus on their career goals.
The practical experience gained from the program is intended to complement the academic training received throughout the school year. It is hoped that such an experience will help students to define and focus on their career goals. Because of the hospital’s international reputation for excellence, the program strives to share this excitement with tomorrow’s health care professionals.
- Dallas County or surrounding area resident
- Completed at least 35 semester hours of college course work by the time the program begins in June
- Applicant must have a graduation date of December 2011 or later
- Interested in pursuing a career in health care or health care administration
Application and Additional Info
- Applications are available each November for the next year’s program. To receive additional information on applying, please email Paula.Bradshaw@phhs.org with your request and a physical mailing address.
- More info here