Curriculum/Instruction Development and Evaluation
The Office of Medical Education provides consultation and support for faculty members in activities related to medical education. Our services include:
- Conduct statistical analysis to support evaluation and assessment
- Conduct and publishing medical education research
- Design methods and tools to assess educational effectiveness
- Develop learning goals and objectives
- Evaluate instruction
- Evaluate specific courses
- Identify the linkages of evaluation results to performance improvement
- Provide resources to assist faculty to improve instruction, use evaluation tools, and improve evaluation literacy
- Provide technical assistance to evaluation and assessment
- Write assessment questions
Effective Teacher Series
The Effective Teacher Series is a faculty development program for all faculty, fellows, and residents, both pre-clinical and clinical, that’s designed to enhance and improve teaching skills.
The program consists of 14 seminars on practical teaching skills, taught by faculty members who have a track record of success in the classroom or clinical setting. Each seminar combines didactic instruction with discussion. Seminars are held twice a month throughout the academic year.