How to Apply
A fellowship candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Has completed training and holds an M.D. or equivalent degree
- Is board eligible or board certified in surgery, genetics, medical oncology, pathology, plastic surgery, psychology or psychiatry, radiation oncology, or diagnostic radiology
Selection is based on interviews with a Selection Committee that consists of at least three UT Southwestern Medical Center faculty members.
Candidates must apply via the Society of Surgical Oncology (SSO) website and also mail application information to UT Southwestern directly (see address below).
Completed Society of Surgical Oncology application forms should be accompanied by:
- Two training program letters of recommendation (One from the Department Head or Program Director)
- A current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Letter of intent or purpose
- USMLE scores Steps 1 and 2 and ABSITE Scores
- Copy of ECFMG certificate (applies to foreign medical
Deadline for completing online application is Aug. 1. The application documents must also be mailed to the following address by Aug. 1:
UT Southwestern Medical Center
A. Marilyn Leitch, M.D.
5323 Harry Hines Boulevard
Dallas, Texas 75390-9155