Radiology Clinical Trials Office
The mission of the Radiology Clinical Trials Office (RCTO) at UT Southwestern Medical Center is to provide services to:
- UT Southwestern researchers – Assist in study start-up by reviewing the study protocol, identifying the imaging needs, providing administrative assistance, and identifying potential research collaborators within the Department of Radiology for investigators in other Departments at UT Southwestern.
- Patients and the general public – Provide up-to-date information about ongoing studies in the Department of Radiology at UT Southwestern.
- Sponsors – Facilitate clinical trials that require imaging studies by providing information about radiology resources at UT Southwestern, assisting with site-qualification visits, reviewing the study protocol, budget preparation, and coordinating scheduling of study participants, billing, and research data management.
Clinical Trials Office Overview
The Radiology Research Committee must review all protocols involving imaging procedures that will be conducted on clinical or departmental imaging equipment, even if they are standard clinical procedures. The committee meets once a week. You will not be able to receive pricing for your study until the protocol has been reviewed. This is not the same review as the Sub-Committee for Human Use of Radiation (SHUR). To have your protocol added to the agenda, please email the following to Christina Carrigan at email@example.com:
- Imaging manual or study operating procedures manual
- Any additional study information involving imaging
Pricing for research imaging procedures is a collaborative effort involving the Radiology Research Committee, UT Southwestern University Hospitals, and the professional practice plan. We encourage pricing requests to be submitted at least two weeks in advance of budget/grant submission deadlines. Official budgetary pricing is distributed by the hospital on a pricing letter.