Neuroradiology (RAD 1507)
- This elective course is designed to introduce students to the field of Neuroradiology.
- Students will rotate through Parkland Memorial Hospital, Meadows MRI Imaging Center, and Zale Lipshy University Hospital. Topics covered will include CT of the brain and spine, CT angiography of the brain and neck, MRI of the brain and spine, MR angiography and venography of the brain and neck, and ENT radiology (including CT and MRI of the maxillofacial regions and neck soft tissues).
- Procedures covered will include fluoroscopy-guided lumbar punctures, myelography, and neuroangiography.
Methods of Instruction
Clinical: Faculty teaching will be performed throughout the day during regular image interpretation read-out sessions and during procedures.
- 7:30 a.m. Fridays– Resident Neuroradiology conference (CS0.106)
- 7 a.m. Wednesdays – ENT Skull-base Malignancy conference and ENT Tumor conference (Meadows Conference Room)
- 1 p.m. Fridays – Brain Tumor conference (North Campus)
- Third Wednesday Monthly - Journal Club (Faculty Club)
Each student is assigned a “Personal Unknown,” which must be presented and discussed during the course.