CMC Inpatient Unit Rotation
Children’s Medical Center Psychiatric Inpatient Services is the only facility in the Dallas/Fort Worth area treating medically compromised children under the age of 5 and adolescents who also have psychiatric disorders. Additionally, the unit offers the state’s largest child and adolescent eating disorders program.
Designed for children and adolescents who require around-the-clock care, the unit:
- Includes 12 beds, with room for 12-day or partial-hospitalization patients.
- Admits children and adolescents between the ages of 2-18 years.
- Admits approximately 180 patients each year.
- Provides a step-down program through partial hospitalization within the inpatient unit for patients with eating disorders.
As a resident, you will serve as team leaders of a multidisciplinary treatment team and provide evaluation, integrated multimodal treatment plans for individual, group, and family therapies and psychopharmacology for hospitalized children and adolescents. You will also attend daily rounds, have the opportunity to lead team and group meetings and receive a minimum of one hour of one-on-one supervision per week with one of the inpatient attending physicians.
Fellows treat patients who present with diagnoses of:
- Bipolar disorder
- Depression and suicidal ideation
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Other medical psychiatric conditions
This unit is led by Dr. Stephanie Setliff, Medical Director, and Dr. Andrew Diederich, Assistant Medical Director. Part-time and full-time staff members include registered nurses; psychologists; play, recreation and art therapists; licensed counselors; social workers, and other therapists.