Addiction Psychiatry Fellowship Curriculum
Didactic sessions cover the scope of psychobiological aspects of substance abuse and addiction, including:
- Neurobiology of alcohol, cocaine, opioid, narcotic and nicotine addiction, detoxification, and management.
- Addiction in subpopulations such as women, adolescents, and the elderly.
- Diagnosis and management of common co-morbidities, notably hepatitis, HIV, and other infections, as well as co-occurring psychiatric disorders.
- Facilitation in addiction group counseling, such as 12-Step.
- Assessment and screening methods.
- Pharmacotherapies for addiction.