Division of Ethics
The Division of Ethics in the Department of Psychiatry provides research, education in clinical ethics, and ethics-related clinical services for the Department of Psychiatry and the entire UT Southwestern community. The UT Southwestern Department of Psychiatry Division for Ethics works in close collaboration with the Department of Clinical Sciences, Division of Ethics and Health Policy. Together these programs provide a broad and deep grasp of ethical and conceptual issues in medicine, science, and technology today.
Specific activities within the Psychiatry Division of Ethics include:
- Executive office for the Association for the Advancement of Philosophy and Psychiatry
- Editorial office for Philosophy, Psychiatry, & Psychology, the History and Philosophy section of Current Opinion in Psychiatry, and the Oxford University Press book series, International Perspectives in Philosophy and Psychiatry
- Ongoing research in the areas psychiatric diagnostic classification, mental health ethics and public policy, and ethical issues in clinical and translational psychiatric science.
- Clinical ethics consultation at Parkland Health & Hospital System and within the Department of Psychiatry
- Executive offices for the UT Southwestern Transplantation - Donor Advocacy Committee