Honors and Awards
In addition to national prominence achievements listed on our faculty page, Pediatric faculty have also been honored with many other awards.
For instance, there is no higher honor for a teacher than to be honored by his or her students. Each autumn, the annual Excellence in Education Awards ceremony and reception is held on campus to honor faculty with awards presented by the student body. Below are listed the Pediatric award winners for 2010.
- James F. Amatruda, M.D., Ph.D., Pre-Clinical Teaching Award (selected by the class of 2013), Biochemistry
- Angela P. Mihalic, M.D., Pre-Clinical Teaching Award (selected by the class of 2012), Clinical Medicine
- Christina Bourland, M.D., Clinical Teaching Award – Pediatrics Core Clerkship (selected by the class of 2011)
- Paul Harker-Murray, M.D., Ph.D., Clinical Teaching Award – Pediatrics Core Clerkship (selected by the class of 2011)
Several faculty were elected to the American Pediatric Society (APS) and the Society for Pediatric Research (SPR) in 2011:
- Leticia Castillo, M.D. – APS
- Shelley Crary, M.D., M.S.C.S. – SPR
- Halim Hennes, M.D. – SPR
- Andrew Koh, M.D. – SPR
- Cindy Neunert, M.D. – SPR
Other recent faculty honors and awards include:
Kaili Stehel, M.D.
Elected Chair of the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners (IBLCD). Watch this YouTube video featuring Dr. Stehel.
Glenn Flores, M.D.
The Helen Rodriguez-Trias Social Justice Award from the American Public Health Association (APHA)
Matthew Cox, M.D.
Distinguished Human Services Professional Award, Community Council of Greater Dallas
Michael M. Dowling, M.D., Ph.D.
Doris Duke Innovations in Clinical Research Award
Amal Dutta, M.D., Ph.D.
American Liver Foundation Liver Scholar Award