Stipend and Benefits
The yearly stipend is based on the number of years of postgraduate training, which for most fellows corresponds to PGY-4, PGY-5, PGY-6, and PGY-7.
The above numbers represent the total stipend. One part of the stipend may come from Parkland Memorial Hospital; if that is the case, a supplement comes from UT Southwestern Medical Center. Alternatively, the entire stipend may come from UT Southwestern.
- Three weeks of personal leave (time off) per year
- Ten days of sick leave per year
- Health (medical benefits at Parkland or medical benefits at UTSW with combined participation from you and the institution)
- Benefits available if you elect to pay: dental, vision, life insurance, long-term care
- Professional liability coverage
- Meal allowance for on-call duties
- $1,000 yearly education allowance
- Yearly in-training examination in neonatal-perinatal medicine (American Board of Pediatrics)
The program supports fellows' research and encourages them to present their research at national meetings. The department supports trips to national meetings for fellows who have an original presentation.