The Division of General Pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center and Children’s Health℠ is accepting applications for its Academic General Pediatrics Fellowship Program.
The aim of the Academic General Pediatrics Fellowship Program is to produce successful and productive general academicians committed to advancing the health and well-being of children. We seek highly motivated candidates whose goal is to make a difference in children’s lives as a clinician-researcher, clinician-educator, or clinician-advocate.
The Academic General Pediatrics Fellowship is a two-year program. The Academic General Pediatrics Fellowship with a concentration in Child Abuse is a three-year program.
Fellows identify a specific area of research interest and receive intensive mentoring as they conduct one or more research projects on improving the health and health care of children and their families.
Past trainee projects have focused on:
- Racial/ethnic disparities
- Community-based research
- Insuring uninsured children
- Language/culture and health care
- Obesity and nutrition
- Health policy
- Child abuse
- Foster care
- Formal coursework in the Clinical Sciences Training Program on biostatistics, research design and analysis, data collection and management, observational studies, outcomes research, health services research, and health policy, with the aim of providing in-depth training and practical experience to foster development of independent investigators
- Bimonthly research seminars on topics including qualitative research, writing abstracts and scientific manuscripts, working with the media, managing a research team, time management, and grant writing/funding
- M.D. or D.O. degree
- Completion of a pediatric residency
- Board certified or eligible
- Strong interest in academic general pediatrics career
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residency
- Women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Fellowship programs commence on July 1 each year.
Please send a completed fellowship application, curriculum vitae, and cover letter to:
Fellowship Program Administrator
UT Southwestern Medical Center
5323 Harry Hines Blvd.
Dallas, TX 75390-9063