General Pediatric Division faculty have garnered numerous honors and awards, including:
- A Congressional Research Briefing; testimony to the U.S. Senate; invited written testimony for the U.S. Congress
- Appointment to Institute of Medicine committees; election as the Chair of the Research Committee of the Academic Pediatric Association; membership on the Diversity Task Force for the Society for Adolescent Medicine; co-founding and co-chairing the Family-Centered Care Special Interest Group of the Academic Pediatric Association
- The Millie and Richard Brock Award for Distinguished Contributions to Pediatrics; the Helen Rodriguez-Trias Award for Social Justice from the American Public Health Association; the Physician Award from the Dallas Business Journal Healthcare Heroes
- Membership on the Texas Department of State Health Services MedCares (Medical Child Abuse Referral and Evaluation Services) Advisory Committee
- Recognition as a Texas Super Doctor by Texas Monthly
- Appointment as the UTSW Associate Dean of Student Affairs; the UT Southwestern Socrates Award (Clinical Teaching Award); UT Southwestern Teaching Awards in Clinical Medicine (for two faculty) from the Classes of 2011 and 2012
- Appointment as the Associate Program Director of the Pediatric Residency Program at Children's Medical Center Dallas
Glenn Flores, M.D., FAAP
Professor, Division Director
Judith and Charles Ginsburg Chair in Pediatrics
Interests: Racial/ethnic disparities in children's health and health care, community-based interventions for improving the health and healthcare of underserved children, insuring uninsured children, testing innovative interventions for chronic disease management, and language, culture, and healthcare
Matthew E. Cox, M.D.
Interests: Physical abuse, sexual child abuse, neglect, and inpatient general pediatrics
Erin Eastman, M.D.
Interests: International medicine and global health, public health, general preventative medicine, and HIV exposure/infection
Vanthaya Gan, M.D.
Interests: General pediatrics, dermatology, and asthma
Lauren Gore, M.D.
Interests: General Pediatrics
Shelby Jacob, M.D.
Interests: General Pediatrics
Nancy Kelly, M.D.
Director, Residents’ Continuity Clinic
Interests: Poison prevention and utilization of poison control centers, injury prevention, and resident and medical student education
May Lau, M.D.
Interests: Adolescent health, racial/ethnic disparities, adolescent pregnancy, and Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine
Michael Lee, M.D.
Interests: General Pediatrics, MRSA Infections, Resident Education, and Medical Student Education
Angela Mihalic, M.D.
Associate Dean for Student Affairs
Interests: General pediatrics and medical student and resident education
Vineeta Mittal, M.D.
Interests: General pediatrics and family-centered care
Anu Partap, M.D., M.P.H.
Interests: Quality/design of pediatric primary care for at-risk children, and reducing risks/strengthening assets of families experiencing abuse/neglect to improve child health outcomes
Rashmi Shetgiri, M.D., M.S.H.S.
Interests: Youth violence prevention, resilience promotion, health disparities, and health service research
Joel Steinberg, M.D.
Interests: General pediatric consultation
Christy Turer, M.D.
Instructor, Pediatrics and Internal Medicine
Interests: Dietary and behavioral obesity interventions in children, adults and families, technological innovations to promote longitudinal tracking of diet and comorbidities, and health disparities in overweight and obese patients
Jennifer Walsh, M.D.
Assistant Professor, Pediatrics and Internal Medicine
Interests: Adolescent and young adult care
2012-2013 Chief Residents
Sara Franzen, M.D., Assistant Instructor
Natasha Hanners, M.D., Assistant Instructor
Bruce (BJ) Lanser, M.D., Assistant Instructor