Clinical Voluntary Faculty
Faculty contact: Michael Lee, M.D.
Clinical voluntary faculty in the Division are community pediatricians who are highly valued as teachers and role models for our students, residents, and fellows. Clinical faculty spearhead the private practice rotation, which constitutes one of the core weeks of the MS3 Pediatrics Clerkship, and also teach medical students in the Medical Student Teaching Clinic. This tradition of community pediatricians participating in the core curriculum of our teaching programs enriches the breadth of our educational programs. This assures the highest quality of our general pediatrics teaching programs.
Clinical faculty have the following privileges:
- Precepting at the Medical Student Teaching Clinics
- Hosting medical students and residents in private practice
- Accessing the UT Southwestern Medical Center library facilities and resources
- Option to purchase campus parking at a discounted annual rate
Privileges for clinical faculty at UT Southwestern-associated hospitals require the maintenance of active status.
Contact: Claudia DeShay, Ph.D.
Clinical faculty are eligible for the following library services:
- Onsite use of the Library’s extensive collection, including electronic resources
- Borrowing books
- Reference assistance
- Online searches
- Interlibrary loan services (co-payment charged to all users)
- Eligibility for photocopy account with monthly billing
- User accounts for licensed electronic products, where licensing agreements permit
- Registering for library classes
Email Joel Steinberg at email@example.com for more information about becoming a member of the clinical faculty in General Pediatrics.