Stipend and Benefit Information
Stipends are paid according to National Institutes of Health Training Grant Guidelines, which during the past several years have allowed for substantial increments. All fellows will be provided health care benefits, which include medical, dental, and vision plans based on their need for coverage of themselves and any family members. By department policy, remuneration is currently through a stipend, not a salary. Therefore, the benefits provided to full-time university employees are not included.
Stipends for the 2014-2015 fellows are:
- Three weeks of vacation per year
- 10 days of sick time leave each year
- Meal allowance for on-call duties
- Yearly education allowance
- Yearly in-training examination in pediatric critical care (American Board of Pediatrics)
The Pediatric Critical Care Fellowship Program supports fellows' research and encourages them to present their research at national meetings. The Department of Pediatrics supports trips to national meetings for fellows who have an original presentation.