Stipend and Benefit Information
Stipends are paid according to National Institutes of Health Training Grant Guidelines, which during the past several years have allowed for substantial increments.
Stipends for the 2017-2018 fellows are:
As UT Southwestern employees, fellows will be provided health care benefits, which include medical, dental, and vision plans based on their need for coverage of themselves and eligible family members.
- Fellows are allowed two weeks of paid vacation per year of fellowship training. Additional leave (e.g., pregnancy, illness, family issues) is at the discretion of the Program Director. Trainees must complete 33 months of training during the course of three years. When leave is in excess of three months, the trainee will be required by ACGME guidelines to extend the training period in order to complete 33 months of training
- “Compensatory time” is earned for fellows required to work on University holidays and may be used for additional paid leave.
- The timing of vacations is at the discretion of the Program Director and will be determined in conjunction with the trainee’s requests.
- Meal allowance for on-call duties
- Yearly education allowance
- Yearly in-training examination in pediatric critical care
Policies and Procedures
Policies and procedures for sick leave, pregnancy leave, misconduct, substance abuse, etc., are consistent with policies existing for all employees and trainees at UT Southwestern Medical School and Children’s Health℠.