Medical Student & Resident Education
The Division of Pediatric Cardiology provides educational opportunities for medical students and pediatric residents in addition to our fully-accredited fellowship program.
- Third-Year Pediatric Rotations:
- Cardiology inpatient rotations with three medical students throughout the year
- Pediatric Cardiology Clinic Days
- Fourth-Year Electives in Pediatric Cardiology:
The Division of Pediatric Cardiology plays a major role in the training of pediatric residents. Training occurs at many levels.
- Inpatient Training:
- Three interns and one senior resident typically participate on the cardiology inpatient service, caring for patients on a 22-bed cardiology floor with the supervision of the attending cardiologist
- An elective is available for residents to rotate in the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit
- Outpatient Training:
- One or two second- or third-year residents are typically training in the Cardiology Outpatient Clinic under the supervision of the attending cardiologists