The Southwestern Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery (SCMIS) is an optimal site for simulation and education research. Here, many of our residents have had the opportunity to get involved on projects and present at national meetings. Below is a listing of oral abstracts that have been presented.
- Chen J, Kho K, Hogg D, Scott D. Maintenance of robotic skills after robotic skills curriculum. Oral abstract presentation. American College of Surgeons, North Texas. Dallas, Texas, February 2013.
- Kho, K, Powers C, Hamid C, Pearson MJ. Challenges and Successes in Medical Student and Resident Simulation Education. Poster presentation. APGO/CREOG - Association of Professors of Obstetrics and Gynecology/Council on Resident Education in Obstetrics and Gynecology. Annual Meeting, Orlando, Florida. March 2012.
- Chamsy D, Kho K. Management of Perforated IUD. AAGL Annual Meeting, Hollywood, Florida, November 2011.
- Powers C, Kho K, Hamid C, Brooks, AJ, Gala R. Comparison of Differences in Baseline Surgical Skills and Skill Uptake between Surgery and Obstetrics & Gynecology Trainees. AAGL Annual Meeting, Hollywood, Florida, November 2011.
- Denson N, Kho K. The July Phenomenon and Unintended Laparotomy. AAGL Annual Meeting, Las Vegas, NV, November 2010.