Application for the 2012 Residency Match
All applications for the UT Southwestern Adult Neurology Residency Program should be made using the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
The neurology match uses the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP).
The UT Southwestern adult neurology residency program has eight positions available each year for a categorical 4-year neurology program (which includes a PGY-1 year in Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center). Categorical applicants do not need to apply separately to the UT Southwestern preliminary/internal medicine program.
Dates to Remember
September 2012: Applications may be submitted through ERAS
October through January: Interview sessions at UT Southwestern
December 1, 2012: Application deadline for UT Southwestern Neurology Program
January 2013: Rank list entry opens
February 22, 2013: Deadline for rank lists
March 11-15, 2013: MATCH WEEK!
The Department of Neurology and Neurotherapeutics will invite candidates for a one-day visit and interviews during the fall of 2012. Visits will be offered on Wednesdays from late October through January 2013. We provide hotel accommodations and a casual dinner with our current residents on Tuesday night prior to the interview.
Information for Non-U.S. applicants (IMG)
- All applications should be sent through ERAS.
- The program will sponsor J-1 Visa (H-1B visas cannot be supported).
- Evidence of clinic experience in U.S. (observerships etc.) is preferred.
- IMG candidates should have passed USMLE Step I and II (both parts) and ECFMG.
- There are no specific requirements; invitations are made based on a combination of factors, including USMLE scores, recommendation letters, clinical experience, and other factors (research, etc.).